Canada with its well developed economy and up to date technology as far as medicine is concerned, is an ideal destination for students who wish to pursue education in the medical field. Emergence of new diseases and shortage of efficient medical personnel in Canada makes getting a job after graduation in the country very easy. Additionally most jobs in the medical sector are high paying jobs which also come with a lot of prestige.
OVERVIEW OF THE MEDICAL COURSE IN CANADA:
- Canada houses 17 medical schools with the minimum requirement being a Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- The other requirements include a statement of purpose, good GPA, excellent score in the Medical College Admission test i.e. the MCAT, and personal interviews as per the requirement of the university applied to.
- Medical courses in Canada have a time span of 3-4 years followed by the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying examination at the end of the final year. Residency program is mandatory followed by an examination relevant to the student's subject of practice.
- Cost of living is affordable, making it easy to live a good quality life while studying in the country.
- Excellent job opportunities in Canada after graduation, and a comfortable lifestyle with high safety are add-ons to pursuing medical courses here.
BEST MEDICAL SCHOOLS IN CANADA:
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO:
- The Faculty of Medicine in this university are ranked among the top in the world for their research in medical education.
- Students are trained in every sector of life sciences and medical sciences followed by the clerkship program during the pre-final and final years of study.
- The Faculty of Medicine in this University are affiliated to 9 full-fledged hospitals along with other academic collaborations, conduct research in the various arenas of medical science. This provides students with valuable internships and research opportunities while they are students.
- Funding is available to prospective students through awards, grants and admission bursaries.
UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA:
- This was the first established Medical faculty in Canada and continues to be among the top Universities in the world for its medical courses.
- Students are trained in the various fields of medical and health sciences and are provided excellent exposure through the Faculty's research institutes such as Anesthesia Research Institute and Artificial Cells and Organs Research.
- McGill University is known for its research in the field of age-related medical problems especially the McGill Center for Studies in Aging (MCSA).
- Financial assistance is available for prospective students.
- UBC's Faculty of medicine comprises of 19 departments, 2 schools and 19 research institutes.
- The students are offered excellent education in the various fields of medicine and therapy through the up to date laboratory facilities and skilled professors.
- Students are taught through various medical facilities training them to be professionals in this field at the rural, urban, community and remote levels.
- Funding is available through various awards and grants.
- The School of Medicine at Queen's University is ranked among the top in the world for its healthcare related studies.
- Various programs are offered at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, both, through this University and other premier centers in Canada, providing the students with a diversified exposure required in this field.
- Research is concentrated in the Health Sciences Sector and biomedical fields.
- Funding is extensively available through scholarships and grants.
Canada houses some of the top medical Schools in the world making it a most sought after destination in the field of Medical Sciences.