Study in Germany
- German Universities have low Tuition fee like 500 euros/sem (fees may be higher in private University)
- Most of the courses are taught in German language but there are increasing number of English courses (at Master's level and above! Like Engineering,Sciences, MBA.).
- There are about 70 Universities in Germany and about 10% of them are in top 200 (worldwide ranking).
- A "Universität" is a doctorate-granting institution.
- A "Fachhochschule" is an institution with emphasis on professional and practical training in a
Map of Germany
Top 5 German Universities
- Technische Universität München (TUM) (Technical University of Munich)
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU) (LMU Munich)
- Freie Universität Berlin
- Universität Freiburg
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen
Planning for MBA from Germany?
What are Technical Universities?
Earlier German technical Universities restricted their teaching to technical and engineering disciplines, now they offer variety of courses like arts and humanities, the main focus of their activities is still engineering and science.
What are Fachhochschule Institutions?
The term Fachhochschule are university of applied sciences to and their main coursework is more practical in nature. The courses are generally shorter and more students are enrolling in these Institutions.
The academic year runs from October to July and is on the semester system. The German curriculum emphasizes independent study. Students are expected to do independent reading, prepare oral reports and papers and attend lectures and small group discussions. Student must complete a certain amount of coursework to sit for the exams.
German Universities grade on a scale of 1-5; 1 is the highest while 5 is failing. The academic record consists of the student's collection of Scheine, or certificates of completion for each course.
International (English) Master's Program at Technical University of Munich (Top Ranked German University) (Some programs are Jointly run with Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
MS Aerospace Engineering
MS IC Design