>> Study Abroad
>> Study in USA
>> Top Engineering Colleges
Best Computer Science Colleges in California
The economy of California is stunningly large, being comparable to that of large countries in the world. The GDP of the state of California is smaller than only 7 of the world's countries and in terms of purchasing power parity of an individual, it is only smaller than 10 of the countries across the world.
California is home to the Silicon Valley, a global hub of high technological innovation and entrepreneurship. California is widely considered to be the epicenter of the world's technology, aerospace, engineering, entertainment and music industries.
When it comes to computer science, every year, around 3200 students are estimated to graduate in computer science degrees in California. The state has over 110 different colleges and schools that offer computer science programs. The tuition fee for a degree in computer science in a university in California is estimated to have an average fee of about $9,000 per year, but for the reputed and top ranked institutions, this fee may even go up to as high as $50,000 per year.
The University of Southern California is the largest school offering computer science, accounting for almost 15% of the computer science graduates from the state. The outlook for computer science graduates in the state of California is pretty good, with an estimated number of about 42,000 employed professionals. A computer science professional working in the state of California can expect a salary of anything ranging from $60,000 per year up to $115,000 per year. It is estimated that the average salary of a computer science professional in the state lies close to the $70,000 per year mark.
California is considered to be home to five of the top rated computer science schools in the US, in terms of salary packages offered to students.
Some of the top ranked and established colleges in California which offer degrees in computer science include the following:
- University of California, Berkeley: Students graduating in computer science from this university can expect an average starting salary of $82,000 and a mid-career average salary of $141,000.
- University of California, Santa Barbara: Graduates can expect and average starter pay of $68,000 and an average mid-career pay of $120,200
- Stanford University: a well-established and widely reputed university, graduates in computer science from Stanford can expect and average starting salary of $90,000 and an average mid-career salary of $120,000.
- University of California, Irvine: The average starting salary for graduates from this university is $64,200 while the mid-career average salary is $120,000.
- University of California, San Diego: An average starting salary of $70,000 and an average mid-career salary of $115,000 is what computer science graduates from this university can expect.
- San Jose State University: A computer science graduate from this university can expect an average starting salary of $65,500 and a mid-career average pay of $115,000.
- Other top Universities are UCLA, University of California-Davis, University of California-Santa Cruz, University of California-Riverside
- California Polytechnic State University: Graduates in computer science can expect an average starting salary of $67,000 and a mid-career average salary of $125,000.
Popular skills : java, c++, data analytics, ruby, big-data, python, cloud computing, mobile programming (ios, android) etc.