Universities in Costa Rica
Costa Rica is a country in Central America lodged between the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea
with its capital city being San Jose. Though a developing country, it has created a name for itself in the
education sector because of its low cost quality education; making it a sought-after destination by students.
A GLANCE INTO COSTA RICA:
- Costa Rica is made up of 7 regions namely Alajuela, Cartago, Guanacaste, Heredia, Limon,
Puntaresnase and San Jose along with several islands.
- The climate is characterized by dry summers from December to May and wet winters during
June to December.
- Coffee production, pharmaceuticals and tourism serves to be the revenue earning sectors of this
country marked by a high education rate.
- The official spoken language is Spanish and the country has a predominant Christian and
Buddhist population with very few Muslims and Hindus.
- Several modes of travelling are available for ease of moving within the country including cheap
public transports and 24/7 available taxis.
- Rich cultural diversity stands out in this country with a majority of Spanish crowd along with a
notable number of Germans, Africans and Native Americans.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING AT COSTA RICA:
With the highest percentage of educated people in Latin America, Costa Rica offer the following advantages:
- Studying here offers a combination of quality education along with a unique cultural experience
making it an ideal destination for the young and the adventurous souls.
- The curriculum places an emphasis on holistic learning, hence self development is given a lot of priority.
- Good faculty members .
- Cost of education and living is very reasonable .
- Ample number of job opportunities after graduation.
Best Universities of Costa Rica
1. UNIVERSITY OF COSTA RICA:
2. NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF COSTA RICA:
- It is the biggest and the most prominent public University in Costa Rica located at San Pedro in San Jose.
- Highly reputed world-wide for its research and education, this University offers a variety of degrees in several fields including Basic Sciences, Engineering and Arts at the undergraduate, graduate and doctorate levels.
- A specific admission test is needed to gain entry into this University. Admission rates are high with the Undergraduate programs being the hardest to get admission to.
- Students are trained in their specific areas of interest by top notch Faculty.
- Research forms the heart of the University, it is known around the world for its organizations like Molecular and Cellular Biology Research Center (CIBCM) and Research Center on Geophysics (CIGEFI).
3. COSTA RICA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY:
- It is a well-reputed, public University situated at Heredia known for its quality education.
- It offers Bachelor's, Master's and Doctorate degrees in the fields of Science, Mathematics and Engineering.
- Students are guided by skilled Faculty who are leaders in their chosen field of interest, are provided with opportunities and scholarships to make their education complete.
- Admission rates are high with Research carried out in the various Faculties of Natural Sciences, Health Sciences and Philosophy.
4. UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (ULACIT):
- It is a top notch public University at Cartago and has a name for its courses in Engineering and Technology.
- The quality of education offered is at the International level with highly professional Faculty to guide the students.
- Various undergraduate and graduate programs in the fields of Engineering, Sciences and Business areas are offered.
- Student population is very diverse and the best profiles are provided given admits with a lot of funding and scholarships.
- It is a highly ranked private University worldwide situated in the capital city San Jose.
- The University is the proud recipient of several awards and recognitions and offers quality education in the different sectors of Science and technology at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
- Research is extensively carried out in the University; offering students a real-life experience through up to date laboratory and research facilities.
Costa Rica teaches students to attain success through a relaxed and calm life-style opening minds through its cultural diversity making it a popular destination for the Ambitious.