>> Study Abroad
>> Study in USA
>> Top Engineering Colleges
Engineering : Michigan State University
|Michigan State University|
|Level||Four or more years|
|Student to Faculty Ratio||16:1|
|Carnegie Classification||Research Universities (very high research activity)|
|Undergrad Application Fees||$50|
|Grad Application Fees||$50|
|Enrollment||Fees (/yr)||Required Fees(/yr)|
**Above numbers are at University/College level (not for a particular department or program)
|Critical Reading||450/610 |
|Agricultural/Biological Engineering and Bioengineering|
|Computer Engineering- General|
|Electrical- Electronics and Communications Engineering|
|Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering|
- Successful domestic applicants are highly ranked in their bachelor's class. Most successful domestic applicants have GPA's of 3.5 or better. Domestic applicants with GPA less than 3.2 are generally not considered for admission.
- A general profile of a successful international student applicant is as follows. Graduate of a highly ranked school.In the upper 10% of their class.
- TOEFL scores typically range from 600 to 650, paper, and 250-270, computer. (Paper TOEFL scores less than 570 or computer scores less than 230 will generally not be considered acceptable.) Internet Based scores of a total of 80 (19 in each category except Writing which is 22), and IELTS is 6.5 or higher.
- GRE scores are generally above 750 for the quantitative portion. (Verbal GRE scores less than 400 and analytical scores less than 4.0 will generally not be considered acceptable.)
Some specific further notes regarding successful applicants from China and India are noted below.
- Additional profile attributes of a successful applicant from China.Graduates from Tsinghua University, Shanghai Jiatong University, or the Huazhong University of Science and Technology with a GPA of 85 or better.
- Graduates from other Chinese universities, with a GPA of 90 or better.
Additional profile attributes of a successful applicant from India.
- Graduate from an Indian Institute of Technology with a GPA of 8 or higher.
- Graduate from a Regional Engineering College, or comparable school, with grades of 80% or higher.