Study Abroad guide
- Do you know US, UK, China, Canada, France, Australia, Germany are top destinations for international students.
- Countries sending most students are China, India, Saudi Arabia, South Korea.
- Top courses are Management, Engineering, Computer Science.
Below are guides to some top destinations. You will find details for each country (like rankings, admission procedure & requirements, University list, visa information for international students, Tuition and fee information). List of countries and details in Europe and South America are covered in respective sections.
Life and Living in a Foreign country, culture shock, finances/costs
How to get started?
- Find your areas of interest(courses/degrees/major).
- Check admission requirements for a country. Universities in a given country have similar basic requirements (like GPA, exams like GRE/GMAT/SAT/ACT, English Proficiency, etc. ).
- Make sure your current qualification meet those standards.
- Check for dates and deadlines (colleges might stop taking applications a year before the start date of your course!).
- Make sure you have enough funds to cover your education (education expense varies a lot). Do not assume to get financial support, you need to have a plan to fund your education and living expenses.
- The last and most important thing is getting student visa! You should have a backup plan (what if a student visa is rejected?). The whole process of studying abroad might take a year (prep for the exam, take the exam, wait for results and apply for colleges, student visa, etc.).