>> Student visa
F1 Visa work permit
Persons pursuing a full course of study at a school in the United States may be eligible for a visa for the course of their study and, in certain instances, a period for practical training in their field.
International students who are maintaining a full time course of study can work on campus part time (max. 20 hrs per week) during the academic year and full time during the summer months and any periods when school is not in session. On campus employment assumes that the work will not interfere with your studies and that you are maintaining good academic standing. No special permission or document is needed to give you permission to work on campus.
Training allows students to work for up to a total of twelve months in a job related to their field of study. For full details about Training you should read the practical training handout prepared by the Office of International Education and Exchange.
The maximum amount of time granted to work on F-1 OPT status is 12 months per
degree level plus a possible H1B cap gap extension OR a 17 month extension for those who qualify (certain Degrees like Engineering/CS etc).
Practical training can be granted at the following times:
During the student's annual vacation period and at other times when school is not in session if you are currently enrolled and intend to register for the next term
while school is in session, provided that the practical training does not exceed twenty hours per week.
after completion of course requirements (but before completion of a course of study) excluding thesis or dissertation if the student is in a bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree program after graduation or last term of attendance.
Applications for practical training are sent to the U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Service (INS). It takes the INS about three months to reply to an practical training application so students should plan well in advance for this kind of work permission.
NEVER ENTER the U.S. in any VISA STATUS OTHER THAN F-1 (for example H1B) while on your OPT (it will invalidate your OPT!)
- Student visa : USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, New Zealand
- F1 visa interview, How to make it!
- Student Visa USA - F-1 visa
- Canadian Student Visa, Student Visa Canada
- UK Visa information - UK Immigration, UK Student visa
- Student Visa Australia. Documents and requirements
- Student Visa for Germany , German Student Visa
- Netherlands Student visa, Study visa
- New Zealand Student Visa
- Student visa Singapore
- F-1 visa Interview questions with Visa Consulate
- Journey from I-20 Sevis to F-1
- How to create asset value documentation for student visa
- F1 Visa and OPT/CPT, Working on F1 visa
- Student visa interview exemption
- Visa- H1B, F1, J-1, Exchange Visitor, Immigration
- Do's and Dont's in student visa interview
- Finally my F-1 visa interview day!
- F1 visa rejected. What are my options?
- News updates on Australian Student visa.
- US Green Card