BEST COLLEGES FOR LOW GRE SCORES
While the GRE is important, a high score in it will guarantee you a place amongst the best, even if your GRE scores are low, there is no need to lose hope. Many colleges in the US do not place great importance on the GRE; some don't even require GRE scores, so chances of admission are high if your profile as a whole is strong.
UNIVERSITIES WHICH ARE SATISFIED WITH LOW GRE SCORES:
1. UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING (<290):
The University of Wyoming is ranked 156 in 2013's edition of Best Colleges in National Universities. Started in March 1886, this University offers many programs and courses with a high acceptance rate of 95%. This University is known for its Graduate programs, specifically the Chemical Engineering Department.
M.S IN CHEMICAL ENGINEERING:
- The Chemical Engineering Department offers a highly sophisticated curriculum hand in hand with outstanding laboratory facilities equipped with advanced types of equipment required to impart knowledge and skills to students in the various areas of technology.
- Research in this Department deals with all areas of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering namely Minerals extraction and processing, chemical reactor design and separation processes. Students are provided with maximum exposure through the University's tie-ups with many Laboratories including Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- Additionally a high amount of funding is also provided.
2. SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY (<280)
This University located in the Silicon Valley of California is one of the best to gain experience in the software side. While competition is high, the emphasis on the GRE is quite low, so if you have sufficient work experience, chances of admission are high. Accommodating a large number of Asian students, this University is ranked as one of the best in the world for its Engineering Graduate programs.
M.S IN SOFTWARE ENGINEERING:
3. FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY (<290)
- Provided by the Computer Engineering Department at SJSU, this degree offers hands-on experience in fundamental Computer science and engineering along with training in software development and management.
- Research is focused on specific areas such as Cloud Computing and Networking Software with collaborations with many industry leaders such as Sun Microsystems, IBM Corporation, and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
- Financial guidance is available through Grants and Fellowships but is limited in number and hence competitive.
Situated in Miami, Florida, this University is a top league Research Institute offering many degree programs well known for its challenging curriculum.
M.S IN MATERIALS SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING:
5. UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS, LITTLE ROCK (<280)
5. UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS, LITTLE ROCK (<280)
- This University is the top tier Research Center for Materials Science and Engineering preparing students in dynamic areas regarding properties and performance of materials.
- Collaborations with Motorola Nanofabrication Research Center and Advanced Materials Research Institute impart extensive Research experience to students in major areas of biomaterials, ceramics and vibration attenuation.
Located in Little Rock, Arkansas, this University is one of the top range Colleges for Information Technology, Business and Industry with a high acceptance rate of 96%.
M.S IN MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM:
- This program is designed to provide knowledge on Information Technology coupled with its application in the business background.
- It develops the skills required for the students to meet the demands of day to day industry executives.
- Financial support is provided in abundance in the form of Fellowships and Scholarships.
There are many other programs which may accept students with low GRE score like Texas A&M (Kingsville), UH (Clear lake), SIU.
UNIVERSITIES WHICH REQUIRE NO GRE:
VTech is world class university and has a beautiful campus.
GRE score is not required for following programs Computer Science, ECE, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND
IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY
- This University is located in Kingston, Rhode Island and is classified as a top notch Research University with an acceptance rate of 86%.
- It is well known for its Graduate degree programs with high Research activity in various areas such as Biomedical signaling and processing, computational and experimentational neuroscience, etc.
- Financial guidance is another bonus point, available widely to International students in the form of Fellowships.
- Located in Ames, Iowa, this University is highly ranked in Engineering and agricultural fields of study due to its exceptional role in Research.
- Research is concentrated on areas including Bioengineering, Software systems, and Reliable computing.
- Students are offered the opportunity of being part of various reputed Research Institutes including U.S Department of Energy's Ames Laboratory.
By far the best place in the world for the biological sciences, if you are a biotechnology graduate, have a low GRE score apply here for your masters in biotechnology. If you have sufficient research experience and good grades, chances of admission are quite high.
As you can see, the GRE is not the only key to opening doors of success. U.S Universities also look at various other factors before providing admissions so don't get disheartened by low GRE scores but pursue your dreams with clarity and confidence.