Last Updated: March 09, 2021
What are the best courses in Canada
Canada is a very popular destination to study. So it is of no surprise that the inflow of students increased by 11% by the year 2017. The reason for this spike factors the high level of education, reasonable tuition cost, a great environment for the students, and the fact that the degrees are recognized worldwide.
To add to the same, Canada has a friendly environment which is ideal for students. Students can enjoy their life in university without worry while being able to attend class and be top in their field of study. Moreover, the scenic beauty of Canada is nothing to miss out on. The country of maple leaves is surrounded by beauty at all times of the year and students can take this chance to explore Canada while indulging in the relaxed culture.
As mentioned above, Canada offers quality education making it an ideal student's destination. Amongst all the courses that Canada offers, courses on MBA, Biotechnology, Pharmacy, Animation, and Petroleum Engineering rank the highest. All these courses are available as a Bachelor's degree, a postgraduate degree, and a doctorate degree. Students can complete all three levels of degree together or they can choose to do one degree at a time.
Without a delay, let us look more deeply into the top 5 courses offered by Canada.
Top 5 courses in Canada
- MBA is arguably the most popular degree in Canada. Students from all over the world prefer to get an MBA degree from an international school and Canada is always on that list.
- Although, it is important to keep in mind that an MBA degree is rather on the more expensive spectrum. It is possible to get a good MBA degree without breaking your bank from either Seth Kadodimal Business School or Rose Valley University.
- Oftentimes, after getting an MBA degree, an individual finds themselves in a fix as they are unable to land their desired job. But things in Canada are different as they provide individuals with an MBA degree, an opportunity to work in the market since the beginning of the course.
- Having experience while studying is a big plus point as it gives you an edge while applying in the actual workforce. It is of no surprise that for management, investment, and finance, having prior base-level experience is much needed.
- The best university to pursue your MBA degree would be the prestigious University of Toronto. The courses provided at the University of Toronto are exceptional, with world-leading professors teaching the students - but the other plus point would also be that the University hosts quite a few guest lectures which help the students learn more about the market.
- The price point is definitely on the higher side - maybe the most expensive MBA degree in Canada to date. Hence, several grants and scholarships are available for students who would qualify for the course. Moreover, there is a financial aid service available for students if they would need the same.
- Canada is considered as one of the largest Biotechnology hubs outside the U.S.A. With its top-notch Universities and research institutes, Canada has a lot to offer in this field.
- Due to the increase in health problems and a shortage of efficient personnel Canada has many job vacancies in the Healthcare and Life Sciences sector.
- The booming economy and advanced technologies in this country allow researchers to perform breakthroughs in this field and the excellent salary accompanied by a quality lifestyle makes it an ideal destination for aspiring Biotechnology graduates.
- The friendly and diverse society adds the final touch.
- The Carleton University is situated in Alberta and is famous for its fantastic biotechnology course.
- The university combines theoretical and practical in a way that helps the students learn about the course in two ways. Moreover, students can possibly take part in the research ongoing and get a chance to become assistants to the professors.
- As for funding, the University of Carleton has a service center that exclusively helps students get the financial aid they need. Moreover, there are several scholarships that the university provides as well.
3. Pharmacy Courses
- Pharmacy courses come among the top popular courses to be pursued in Canada especially because of the ample job opportunities.
- Shortages in this field coupled with the emergence of new diseases have led to a mounting need for efficient Pharmacists in Canada.
- The University of Alberta is a premier research Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences offering quality education at all degree levels.
- Students who study Pharmacy at the University of Alberta are involved in clinical internships as part of their education allowing them to be perfectionists in this field.
- Funding is widely available in the form of scholarships, fellowships, and assistantships.
- To get to know more about the universities offering Pharmacy courses click here
4. Animation Courses
- Canada has an outstanding reputation in the animation field making it a very popular course.
- Various booming companies such as Toon Boom technology and Side Effects are based in Canada developing animations and effects used in Academy award-winning films.
- The BANFF Center for the arts is located in Alberta, and this University offers various art programs in areas including Audio, Digital Films, and Visual Arts. It is the best university known for its animation courses in Canada.
- Various facilities such as the studio resources, theater, and performance spaces have been designed in a way to create a healthy environment for an innovative mind to function and deliver to its maximum.
- Financial aid takes care of three-fourth of the tuition fees and is available in the form of workshops, scholarships, and fellowships for prospective students.
5. Petroleum Engineering
- This field is ranked high in the list of the top courses in Canada due to up-to-date technology and ample resources that are most important in this sector.
- Being one of the most highly paid jobs this field is ever dynamic, competitive, and certainly, the most sought after.
- The University of Calgary is a top league institute for petroleum engineering-related courses offering the program at all degree levels.
- The students are trained to be competitive in prospective oil industries along with an emphasis on the practical aspects of the course.
- Funding is extensively available in the form of scholarships and assistantships.
What are the advantages of studying in Canada?
- Excellent facilities and laboratories which allow for extensive experimentation and problem-solving-based learning.
- Highly skilled professors who are world leaders in their respective fields of study.
- Innovative education methods are used to train the students of these courses to be the masters of their professions in a real-world work scenario.
- Ample internship exposures (Most universities make it a part of the curriculum, require an industrial or research-based internship during the summer to qualify for graduation).
- A large number of highly paid job opportunities are readily available.
- High-quality education at very affordable rates.
- All graduate degrees are globally recognized for their qualifications.
- High Cultural diversity; which is also an important part of education.
- A highly safe working and study environment.
- English is the standard language of communication and study in the country.
Canada - providing endless opportunities
Canada is a land of huge opportunities, providing students quality education as well as a chance to enhance their career from the time students enter the university. As mentioned previously, Canada provides students with ample options to choose from, especially with regard to the popular courses. Quality education which is coupled with excellent facilities and opportunities for internships makes Canadian universities the ideal choice for any student.
Granted that the tuition fees are on the higher side, the issue is not a pressing one as Canadian universities provide ample scholarship programs and have financial aids in place to help students with the same. Additionally, almost all Canadian universities have a huge job turnover rate, leading students into starting their careers as soon as they graduate.
When this is coupled with the less strenuous visa and immigration procedures (as compared to the United States and the United Kingdom) it has acquired the status of being one of the most appealing destinations for International Students in general. Furthermore, the appeal of acquiring a permanent residency in Canada is sought out by many international students and there is a guaranteed opportunity of them achieving the same.