Masters in Data Analytics in Canada - Top Programs, Admission Process, Fees, Career Options
The Master in Data Analytics aims to build knowledge around the statistical, data mining and computational methodologies that are used to store, process and analyze large volumes of data (Big Data environments), in order to generate information and useful inputs for decision-making in organizations and contributing to the leverage of the new challenges that other disciplines assume in the current context of technological development.
The Master in Data Analytics in Canada is an interdisciplinary initiative of the departments of Mathematics, Systems Engineering, Computer Science in which areas such as mathematics, statistics, computing and the organizational area, with the purpose of responding to the needs currently posed by the interaction of human beings with tools and technological advances in various fields. It gives rise to unprecedented growth in processing capabilities, storage and access to knowledge and information.
Therefore, the curricular design of the master's degree is oriented towards the training of professionals with skills in the field of data mining, the management of specialized software, databases and programming, which, is articulated to a critical view of organizational processes, will allow them to generate knowledge to support strategic decision making.
So, for professionals and executives who are or wish to become involved in the field of IT and want to deepen their (business) computer science knowledge in the context of big data, this program makes the right choice.
The Data Analytics program qualifies you for the following tasks, among others:
- Setup and further development of the Big Data infrastructure, in which different models of data and structures are combined
- Independent formation, planning, and implementation of composite statistical analyses and application of machine learning techniques are based on large amounts of data
- Data synchronization of semi-structured and unstructured data as well as programming of big data solutions
- The development of the Business model is based on data analysis results (Data-driven Enterprise)
How will you learn?
Data Science program is designed for those who want to move forward in today's data-driven marketing industry by deriving useful insights and strategic business plans from data analytics. It's also ideal for those who want to gain a deeper understanding of marketing management and succeed in this industry.
Highly Experienced Canadian University teachers teach classes. In addition to teaching on-site, online learning also plays a significant role. This means that you get the best of both worlds: regular, personal contact combined with the flexibility to learn where and when you need it outside the classroom.
It uses a combination of traditional texts and podcasts, webinars (online seminars) and interactive knowledge checks to keep you engaged, focused, and motivated throughout your studies. Also, you will receive regular academic support from experienced Canadian University instructors, as well as student support for administrative, technical, or motivational issues.
Study Tasks You Have To Perform
In an increasingly dynamic and interconnected world, organizations need to process and analyze large amounts of data through statistical and computational techniques, methods, and strategies, to make effective and timely decisions. On the other hand, in the research field, the analysis of large volumes of information is a very useful tool to generate conclusions that allow validating or refuting hypotheses raised, and in general, to create new information relevant to the research processes.
What Are The Best Universities For Data Science In Canada?
Canada is a country where education has the support of both the state and private institutions. It is for this reason that the universities and research centers of this country are recognized worldwide.
Canada is also a country where there are more Internet users and where all companies use high-tech computer systems. Studying systems and networks is a good option in this country. If you want to know which is the best University for computer science in Canada we recommend you read the following information. UBC, University of Toronto, McGill, Simon Fraser University are some of the programs which are highly recognized.
UBC - University of British Columbia
The UBC is one of the leading universities in Canada in Data Analytics. UBC has excellent program in Master of Data Science (MDS). These computer careers are designed under a strict educational program which is responsible for granting students the necessary knowledge to work as Machine Learning Engineers, NLP Engineers, data scientists in local and foreign companies.
The prestige of the UBC computer careers is because annually the graduates obtain awards in international university competitions. The estimated tuition fee for this program for the Canadian Students is $32,000 and for the International Students the tuition fees is $45,000.
- Applicants must have 4 year Bachelor degree in a related subject with grade equivalent to 76% or minimum B+
- Applicants must meet the IELTS requirement score of 7.0 or a TOEFL score of 100 (for MSc program in the main campus)
University of Waterloo
University of Waterloo is one of the best educational institutions in Canada. Currently two Master's/graduate programs are offered in Data Science.
- Master of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (MDSAI): This is a 16 month program (with 4 months of required co-op/unless you have a job). Tuition & Fees is $31,000 (Canadian Students) and $45,000 (for international students). GRE is not required. Strong Quant/CS background is required to qualify for this program. Minimum IELTS score of 7.5 overall and at least a 7.0 in writing and speaking is also required or a TOEFL score of 100.
- Master of Mathematics (M.Math) in Data Science: This is focused more in research and thesis. The students in MMath will be funded and work with supervisor. GRE is not required. Minimum score of IELTS is 7.0 overall, with at least a 6.5 in writing and speaking, if you are planning for TOEFL then minimum requirement is a score of 90 in TOEFL.
Ryerson University has excellent programs in Data Analytics. They have the Data Engineering program; this program focuses on training students with the necessary knowledge to develop innovative programs, computer control systems, and solutions to information processing problems.
The Data Science program (Data Science and Analytics (MSc)) focuses primarily on the development of skills for the management of computerized systems,Machine learning, Operations research, Programming, Statistics which are in high demand from various companies. In this University, theoretical learning is combined with practice from the beginning. The estimated tuition fee for this program for the Canadian Students is $12,000 and for the International Students the tuition fees is $24,000.
- Applicants must have 4 year bachelor's degree in Economics, Engineering, Business, and Science with a minimum grade of 3.00/4.33 (B) or equivalent
- Applicants must meet the IELTS requirement score of 7.0
Saint Mary's University
Saint Mary's University offers the 16 months professional Masters Program in Data Analytics (The program is called Master of Science in Computing & Data Analytics (MSc CDA). This program prepares the students for a lucrative career in the data analytics and data science industry. In this program, students learn the various concepts of Business Analytics, Software Design, and Management and Analytics. The estimated tuition fee for this program for the Canadian Students is $19,000 and for the International Students, the tuition fees is $37,000. So far almost 100% of the graduates have received full time job offers from top companies around the world.
- Applicant must have 4 year Bachelor Degree in Computer Science with a GPA equivalent to 70%
- A letter describing how the program will you in achieving your career goals
- Applicants must clear the programming test successfully administered by the University
- Applicants must clear the technical interview
What is the Admission Process of Masters in Data Analytics in Canada?
If you are an international student, then you have to meet the following requirements:
- TOEFL (IBT) Overall Score Requirement: 100
- IELTS Overall Score Requirement: 7.0
- Good CS/Mathematics background.
- Is GRE required? - depends on program /university
You must be a graduate in Data Analytics or any subject related to it. Apart, you can visit the official website of the University you are applying to and must meet their eligibility criteria to fulfill the admission process.
At the end of the degree, graduates will be able to work on the development of systems and work networks without cables (Wireless), multimedia development, analysis and design of software, telecommunications, etc.
Data Science: Career options?
You study a selection of topics and learn how to extract relevant information from large databases and use them for critical business decisions. They also acquire the skills to develop and manage strategic marketing plans. Once toy have a degree and experience you could be hired as:
- Analytics Engineer
- Analytics Manager
- Data Architect
- Data Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Data Visualization Specialist
- Business Intelligence (BI) Architect
- Business Intelligence Engineer
- Machine Learning/AI Engineer
Major recruiters are IBM, RBC, ScotiaBank, Statistics Canada, CIBC, Morgan Stanley.