Canada is known around the world for its natural beauty, friendly people, good food, and its high-quality, affordable education. Of the many courses offered, its courses in Pharmacy offering various degrees deserve special mention because of the practical based education which combines theory and practical hands-on studies to ensure that students who pass out are truly the best, can go on to become leaders in their respective fields.
CANADA'S EDUCATION SYSTEM:
- Canada is home to 14 Nobel Prize winning scientists in the different fields of Science and Medicine; this shows the extremely high quality of the teachers whom you will meet in Canada's top universities.
- Most of the Universities present in Canada are public-based i.e. are funded by the government of Canada. Additionally, since the number of private universities is extremely small, the cost of studying in the country is among the lowest (even though the quality of education is extremely high). So opportunities to international students with limited means are very high.
- While French is the native language of choice, most of the local population are bi-lingual, so most have considerable knowledge of English. Additionally, most Universities offer courses in English and French to meet the diversified needs of both international and home-grown students.
- Through its well-developed economy Canada offers various high paying job opportunities in the health science arena, so a high quality of living is relatively easy if you perform well during your Master's degree.
M.S IN PHARMACY - AN OUTLOOK:
- An M.S degree in Pharmacy trains students in the various sectors of heat, clinical and medical science. This degree is authorized by the Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs (CCAPP).
- Top colleges for M.S in Pharmacy include University of Waterloo, Dalhousie University, University of Alberta, Memorial University of Newfoundland and University of Toronto.
- General admission requirements include exceptional TOEFL or IELTS scores, strong academics with a minimum average of B+ in the undergraduate courses, resume, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, GRE (as per the University requirements), and financial documents supporting the entire cost of the student's education and accommodation in Canada during his study period.
- The degree includes a thesis-based or research-intensive coursework program coupled with an internship period followed by an examination meted out by Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC).
- Funding is available in the form of scholarships, assistantships, and awards.
JOB PROSPECTS IN THE PHARMACY SECTOR IN CANADA:
- Pharmacy degrees open avenues of job opportunities in clinics and hospitals as Pharmacists or private pharmaceutical companies as Pharmacy technicians.
- Industrial sectors also employ Pharmacists for medicine formulations, information on drugs and even in the sales and marketing department.
- Opportunities are also open in the educational sectors as lecturers in the respective specialized areas of Pharmacy as well as in the community and social sector.
ADVANTAGES OF M.S IN PHARMACY IN CANADA:
- A low tuition fee for quality education in return is the best benefit of all.
- Up to date technology and ample resources providing a total exposure is available in Canada offering a very satisfying educational experience.
- Top notch Faculty guide students in perfecting their areas of interest through more importance to the practical aspects of education.
- Easier visa and immigration procedures make Canada a more attractive destination.
- Ample job opportunities ensuring career growth is available here.
- Rich cultural experience expanding worldview and abundant exposures opening new horizons are part of the education learned.
- Comfortable lifestyle with a safe and chilled out society adds to the appeal.
See : Job prospects in Canada with Pharmacy degree
As an International student, Canada is one of the best destinations for Pharmaceutical studies offering both career-based progress and self-development.