Canada is well known for its quality education and comfortable lifestyle. Regarding Engineering, Education Canada houses some of the best Universities providing a competitive education coupled with excellent opportunities training them to become experts in the Engineering field.
TOP TEN ENGINEERING SCHOOLS IN CANADA:
UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO:
- It is Canada's largest Engineering school providing the best Engineering education especially regarding Software Engineering.
- The departments offer engineering courses in the fields of Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc. at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Waterloo University conducts research activities collaborated with various research institutes.
- Funding is extensively available and increasing with every year.
- Research Funding: $65 Million.
- For Canadian Undergraduates high GPA is key to admission, there is a 85-90% chance of getting offer if your grades are >95%.
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO:
UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA:
- It is ranked among the top schools for Engineering in Canada.
- Courses are offered in the various streams of Engineering, and the students are trained both through rigorous coursework and practical education.
- Undergraduate Applications:12880, Admitted: 3109 (acceptance rate ~24%).
- Graduate Applications:5222, Admitted: 1553 (acceptance rate ~29%).
- Research forms the crux of this Department and is extensively funded by the government in collaboration with various Research Institutes in the country.
- Financial assistance is available in abundance.
UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA:
- UBC Engineering programs have a top lead among the Engineering programs offered in the world.
- Undergraduate and graduate degrees are offered in the various disciplines of Engineering and Technology complemented by international education through exchange programs.
- UBC conducts research in the different sectors of Engineering and Life Sciences and has the second largest research-based income in Canada.
- Funding is available for the various Engineering programs.
- Engineering Research Expenditure: $40 Million.
- The Faculty of Engineering in this university is internationally reputed for its courses offering degrees in the various fields of Engineering.
- Research is extensively concentrated in the different streams of Engineering and Technology.
- Funding is abundantly available to the various prospective students.
- Engineering research Expenditure: $64 Million.
- Undergraduate acceptance rate:45%.
- Graduate acceptance rate:17%.
- McGill's Faculty of Engineering is the second among Canada's leading Engineering schools and offers undergraduate and graduate courses in various Engineering programs.
- Research projects are conducted in all sectors of Engineering, Architecture and Urban Planning.
- Financial assistance is available to the prospective students.
SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY:
- The Faculty of Engineering in this university is well reputed for its engineering studies.
- Research is carried out in the industrial and health sciences engineering sectors through various centers and institutes such as Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research and Center for Emerging Device Technologies.
- Financial assistance is abundantly available for prospective students.
- Undergraduate admission rate: 65%
- Graduate admission rate: 17%
- This University offers unique education and training in its Engineering related courses.
- Research is concentrated in the various fields of engineering some notable fields being Biomedical, Robotics, Intelligent Control Systems, etc.
- Financial Assistance is available through awards.
UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY:
- Queen's University offers various Engineering programs such as Engineering and Applied Sciences, Mechanical and Materials Engineering, Computer Engineering, etc.
- It is a well-reputed Research-intensive University collaborated with various research institutes in and around Canada offering excellent exposure to prospective students.
- Financial assistance is available for prospective students.
UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA:
- The Schulich School of Engineering offers various Engineering Programs including Biomedical, Chemical, and Petroleum, Civil, Environmental Engineering, etc.
- Research is emphasized in the different streams forming the crux of this School.
- Funding is available through Scholarships and assistantships.
- The Faculty of Engineering in this University offers undergraduate and graduate programs in the various fields of engineering including Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, etc.
- Research is widely focused in the various sectors of advanced technology through it's up to date facilities.
- Funding is available extensively for prospective students.
Canada houses some of the top Engineering Schools offering excellent coursework and practical training making it a popular student destination for engineering related studies.
- Most programs don't require GRE but it's recommended.
- TOEFL/IELTS/MELAB are required for non native English speakers. Min. scores for TOEFL can vary from 80-100 depending on program/University.
- GPA is critical factor of your profile.