Last Updated: November 19, 2023
Top 5 Prep Books for the GED Test
The GED test is an alternative option for students who have been unable to complete their high school diploma owing to various factors. Whatever their reasons may be, this certification offers them an opportunity to rewrite their career opportunities by offering them a chance to study and clear the exam either online or offline.
The four subjects included in the test are Reasoning in Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies. Though the fee for taking the test changes from place to place, paying the fee and enrolling lets them take their test, view their scores on the same day, get a personalized report, receive a transcript and diploma, and take 2 retakes per subject.
Students who have not completed their high school education or have not secured the required parameters for a high school diploma and are taking the GED Test can pass the test with the help of the following books:
List of GED Prep Books
|GED Test Prep Plus 2022-2023- Kaplan||$29.99|
- Practice tests
- Practice questions
- Online videos
|The GED Tutor Study Guide 2022 - 2023, 5th Edition||$24.49|
- Practice tests
- Practice questions
- Answer keys
|Mometrix GED Study Guide 2023-2024||$30.99|
- Video Tutorials
- Practice tests
- Test-taking Techniques
|GED Test Prep Study Guide 2023-2024-8th edition||$28.99|
- Sample exam questions
- Study guide
- Test-taking techniques
|Princeton Review GED Test Prep, 2022||$41.15|
- Practice test
- Practice questions
- Content review
1 GED Test Prep Plus 2022-2023- Kaplan
November 30, 2021
Kaplan creates the best study plans and strategies using actual data. Students can prepare at their own pace and on their schedule with Kaplan's GED Prep Plus 2022â€"2023, which covers all subjects and is meant to be self-study. Students will pass the GED after using the book as a study guide, or they will receive their money back.
The book contains 60 online videos, 1000+ practice questions, and two full-length practice exams. A diagnostic pretest is included in this book to assist students in creating a customized study schedule. Clear instructions on how to use the Texas Instruments TI-30XS MultiView calculator are also included. This book's 2024â€"2025 edition will be available on December 5, 2023.
- The book contains Over a thousand practice questions.
- This book includes 60 online videos with professional guidance, explanations, and strategies.
The book also includes lesson plans, essential skills, and reviews for all GED subjects, namely Reasoning through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies. Writing techniques that work for the RLA extended response.
- The book is very easy for students to understand even if English is not their first language.
- Contrary to what the book claims, many readers have expressed dissatisfaction over the inaccessibility of the book's online resources. Another user has reported that they were asked for their credit card information when attempting to use the online resources, which turned out to be fraudulent.
- Many have expressed dissatisfaction over the book's content being somewhat similar to the other editions.
- Students may need to visit YouTube to gain a better understanding of how to accomplish some of the book's instructions because they are not always clear.
2 The GED Tutor Study Guide 2022 - 2023, 5th Edition
February 5, 2022
The GED Tutor Study Guide from APEX Test Prep comes with a GED Test Prep Book and three practice exams. This contains test-taking advice, clear instructions, extensive content, sample questions, and thorough explanations of the answers. You can use all of these to aid in your GED exam preparation. This contains test-taking advice, clear instructions, extensive content, sample questions, and thorough explanations of the answers. Readers can use all of these to aid in their GED exam preparation.
An overview of the ACT exam and its contents is also provided to readers. The book's instructions are very straightforward, and the content is quite comprehensive.
- The book includes thorough explanations of mathematical reasoning, reasoning through language arts, science, and social studies, as well as practice questions and answer explanations.
- It also includes test-taking strategies.
- Comprehensive answer keys are provided for each of the book's practice tests.
- The beginning of the book offers a free or discounted online prep course and a DVD with study tips, which appears to be well-liked by readers.
- The readers insist that it would be useful to have the answers and explanations for each subject change in the practice test section, or at the very least, to indicate which page number corresponds to the start of the answers for each subject.
- One reader suggested that they should include a glossary because some words are difficult for people without a high school education to understand.
3 Mometrix GED Study Guide 2023-2024
October 23, 2022
The book includes step-by-step review video tutorials, GED prep book secrets, and three full-length practice tests covering all subjects. The Mometrix GED study guide is arranged and logically structured so that each section flows into the one before it. Students need not worry about becoming lost in complex academic jargon because it is written with an eye toward both technical accuracy and accessibility.
The following topics contain test-taking advice, clear instructions, extensive content, sample questions, and thorough explanations of the answers. You can use all of these to aid in your GED exam preparation. This contains test-taking advice, clear instructions, extensive content, sample questions, and thorough explanations of the answers. Readers can use all of these to aid in their GED exam preparation. This contains test-taking advice, clear instructions, extensive content, sample questions, and thorough explanations of the answers. You can use all of these to aid in your GED exam preparation. This contains test-taking advice, clear instructions, extensive content, sample questions, and thorough explanations of the answers. Readers can use all of these to aid in their GED exam preparation is covered in the book's section on mathematical reasoning: algebra, geometry, statistics, and probability. Reading for Meaning, Identifying and Developing Arguments, Grammar Foundations, Agreement and Sentence Structure, Usage Errors, Punctuation, and Extended Response Section Strategy are all covered in the Reasoning Through Language Arts section. Using Numbers and Graphics in Science, Designing and Interpreting Science Experiments, Reading for Meaning in Science, and Science Knowledge Overview are all covered in the Science section. The Social Studies section includes the following topics: Using Numbers and Graphics in Social Studies; Analyzing Historical Events and Arguments; and Reading for Meaning in Social Studies, Overview of Social Studies Knowledge.
- The book contains practice test questions with thorough explanations for the answers, step-by-step video tutorials to assist students in understanding challenging material, and advice and techniques to help them perform as well as possible on the test. a thorough analysis of every GED test section.
- In order to help students quickly understand the material, many concepts include links to online review videos where they can watch Mometrix instructors break down the topics.
- Many expressed dissatisfaction with the book's abundance of information, arguing that it should explain how to solve problems rather than just providing a pile of facts.
- The practice tests contain videos that students must purchase online, which is the book's main issue. There is only one complete practice test available in the book, and they are not free.
4 GED Test Prep Study Guide 2023-2024-8th edition
March 9, 2023
This thorough study guide, written by Test Prep Books, contains a brief review of test-taking techniques, an introduction to reasoning in Mathematics, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies, and
three practice tests.
It contains study guides, sample exam questions, and test-taking techniques. Comparing this book to other books they have read, readers say it is easier to understand.
- Helping readers avoid missing the same question twice is provided by way of thorough explanations of the answers.
- The most recent test-taking techniques allow readers to make efficient use of their time.
- It covers every topic in such detail, letting readers figure out how to solve the problem on their own or providing guidance.
- Readers complain that being told how to study is insufficient because they already know what they need to do and don't need to know how to study.
5 Princeton Review GED Test Prep, 2022
June 1, 2021
The book has been beneficial for candidates who have had a long gap in their education and want to continue with their education. The general opinion regarding the book is that the questions are of a higher difficulty level than the original test. This provides an upper hand to students who will be able to find the original test easier to crack thereby letting them score higher than what they expect.
The full content review in the book acts as a textbook and a practice session clubbed into one letting the student either go back to the theory they can be confused about while attempting the questions or letting them learn the concepts before attempting the questions.
- The book includes 835+ additional drill questions in addition to two complete practice exams.
- Together with a comprehensive content review, it also includes tested exam-winning strategies.
- The book is simple to read and comprehend.
- Readers express dissatisfaction over numerous grammatical errors despite the good content.
Some Additional Trusted Books from the Years Past
Kaplan GED Test Prep Plus 2021
Caren Van Slyke, the author of the book, has compiled this book with experience of over 30 years in GED Test Preparation and published it with Kaplan who have made a mark in the industry by offering top-rated study material for all tests including the GED Test.
The subjects included are Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies, and also includes guidelines for using the calculator provided for the test. It has helped many students to secure good scores in GED, and this is evident from book reviews on all top-selling websites. Its existing users are not worried about the thickness of the book as it has detailed explanations and graphics to explain things in a better way.
- The book has more than 1000 practice questions and 2 full-length practice tests along with 60 online videos and a diagnostic pretest.
- It provides an in-depth study of all subjects including reasoning and language.
- The book also guides one through the registration process for the test.
- The only con regarding the book, according to reviewers is the repetition in content over the years. So, if the student has access to any previous version of the book, they may use the same rather than purchase the latest edition.
McGraw-Hill Education Preparation for the GED Test 3rd Edition
This book has been accepted by its users though there is a general complaint that the content is too vast and that every detail is explained way more than necessary. However, this feature attracts students who have lost touch with academics and want to crack the exam later in life.
Students can certainly reinforce new skills with the content of the book and measure their progress from time to time by practicing quizzes given here. The users of this book are pleased to clear the test of all subjects with the help of this book. A huge number of satisfied readers of this book itself explain the popularity of this book and its utility while preparing for GED.
- The book contains 2 full-length practice tests along with a step-by-step review of the core concepts for the test which are Reasoning through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies.
- It facilitates questions that look exactly like the real test.
- While taking the pre-tests in this book, students will get an idea of their strengths and weaknesses. Which will in turn enable them to focus on subjects accordingly.
- The book contains detailed information regarding the examination and subject reviews which can seem redundant for most candidates.
- The questions that follow each text are fewer than most candidates expected.
- The questions provided have been stated to be too easy when compared to those in the official test.