IELTS exam result
- IELTS results are available after 13 days.
- Results can be viewed online at https://results.ielts.org/.
- Test Center can also post results after 13 days (you can even pick up from test center).
- You get only one copy of result so save it in a secure place.
- You can have copies of your Test Report automatically sent to five institutions free of charge. In case if you want to send it for more colleges/universities you will have to pay extra fees.
- There are no minimum passing marks in IELTS exam. All scores are awarded in 9-band scale (from 1, the lowest, to 9, the highest). Universities/colleges or immigration agencies may have their minimum requirement like 5.5/6 etc.
- Test report is valid for two years.
IELTS Bands 1-9
The IELTS 9-band scale (from ielts.org)
Each band corresponds to a level of English competence. All parts of the test and the Overall Band Score can be reported in whole and half bands, eg 6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0.
Band 9: || Expert user: has fully operational command of the language: appropriate, accurate and fluent with complete understanding.
|Band 8: || Very good user: has fully operational command of the language with only occasional unsystematic inaccuracies and inappropriacies. Misunderstandings may occur in unfamiliar situations. Handles complex detailed argumentation well.
|Band 7: ||Good user: has operational command of the language, though with occasional inaccuracies, inappropriacies and misunderstandings in some situations. Generally handles complex language well and understands detailed reasoning.
|Band 6: || Competent user: has generally effective command of the language despite some inaccuracies, inappropriacies and misunderstandings. Can use and understand fairly complex language, particularly in familiar situations.
|Band 5: || Modest user: has partial command of the language, coping with overall meaning in most situations, though is likely to make many mistakes. Should be able to handle basic communication in own field.
|Band 4: || Limited user: basic competence is limited to familiar situations. Has frequent problems in understanding and expression. Is not able to use complex language.
|Band 3: || Extremely limited user: conveys and understands only general meaning in very familiar situations. Frequent breakdowns in communication occur.
|Band 2: || Intermittent user: no real communication is possible except for the most basic information using isolated words or short formulae in familiar situations and to meet immediate needs. Has great difficulty understanding spoken and written English.
|Band 1: || Non-user: essentially has no ability to use the language beyond possibly a few isolated words.
|Band 0: || Did not attempt the test: No assessable information provided.|
Each band corresponds to a level of English competence. All parts of the test and the overall Band Score can be reported in whole and half bands, e.g., 6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0.
If you want to inquire about your results then you need to apply at the centre where you took the test. Request must be submitted within six weeks of the test date. There is a fee for this service (which will be refunded if there is a change in your score)