MBA from NZ
New Zealand offers not only stunning scenes but also a multicultural diversity that makes it ideal in taking academic programs. Masters in Business Administration has become one of the most competent programs that top universities and colleges in New Zealand can offer. And this program is very open for both New Zealand natives and international students who wish to get a Masters degree in the said field.
MBA in New Zealand is a highly credited with high respect for education. It is a combination of both theory and application of business related concepts to equip the graduates with the abundant knowledge to pursue a blooming career in different business types and specializations. And these are the very reasons why international students flock to different schools in New Zealand.
To qualify for an MBA degree, one should be able to get a Bachelor's degree in any discipline. Whether it is in Public Relations, Communications, Economy or Technology anyone with a Bachelor's degree is very welcome to apply.
On the other hand, most MBA colleges and universities in New Zealand require work experience. The applicant should also pass standard admission exams like the GMAT or the Graduate Management Admission Test. All these schools require you to take either IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) to prove the applicant's proficiency in the English language.
Here are some of the universities in New Zealand to get MBA from and their qualifications:
- University of Auckland University of Auckland usually starts their MBA programs in February. The program lasts up to 2 years and costs more or less NZ $45,000. The University requires their MBA applicant to at least get a score of 550 in GMAT and pass any English proficiency exam. They also require a minimum of 5-year work experience to qualify for the program. Min. TOEFL is 90 or 6.5 (IELTS).
- University of Canterbury Classes for MBA in University of Canterbury usually start in February. They require their MBA student applicants to get a score of 600 in GMAT and at least 100 in TOEFL or 6.5 in IELTS. The MBA program in this school usually run for 15 months and cost more or less NZ $37,000 (NZ Citizens) and around NZ $ 52,000 (International students). One needs to have at least five years of work experience to qualify for the program.
- Massey University Massey University accepts students for the MBA course to start in June or October. It is a 12-month run and cost more or less NZ $18,500. The University requires their students to have five years of working experience. GMAT score is optional but getting 233 for IELTS o passing TOEFL is required.
- University of Otago University of Otago usually starts their MBA programs on mid-September. It is a 12-month program that cost more or less NZ $35,000 (NZ citizens) and 45,000 (Internal students). The university requires the students to get a score of at least 6.5 in IELTS and a good GMAT score (or B+ in previous master's degree). They also require the applicant to at least three years of work experience.
- Victoria University of Wellington. The Victoria University of Wellington starts their MBA degree somewhere in March. The program goes through for 16 months and costs more or less NZ $39,000. The University requires their applicant to have a minimum of 5-year work experience. They are very strict in requiring their students to pass the GMAT (550+) and get a score of at least 90 for TOEFL or 6.5 for IELTS.
A Master's degree in Business Administration is something to be planned. And the best way to do it is looking for a good university that fits your qualification for the degree. Choose the best MBA school in New Zealand that will harness your knowledge and abilities in business administration, and you'll never regret.