Top Schools in Financial Engineering
Please note some programs are in Financial Engineering some are in Financial Mathematics.
- 8% acceptance rate
- GRE Required
- Avg GRE percentiles .. Verbal 83, Quantitative 94, Analytical Writing 58.
- 4% acceptance rate
- GRE: Average - Quantitative (790), Verbal (612), Analytic (774)
- Excellent placements and summer internships.
- Has excellent PhD program (all PhD students receive financial aid)
- acceptance rate ~16%
- Avg GRE percentile 93(Q),78(V)
- Excellent placements
- Some candidates might be called for interview.
- Majority of financial assistance is from student loans (there are no scholarships or grants).
|Carnegie Mellon University||Offers Computational finance Degree (MS). Avg. GRE-Q 166,GRE-V 157 (or GMAT is 715) |
- Acceptance rate ~5%,
- Avg GRE percentile (Q - 93, V-77)
- Excellent career stats.
- Acceptance rate ~20%
- GRE: Average - Quantitative 790 Verbal 570 Analytical 4.0
|New York University|| Average GRE Quant. Score is ~169.|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||
- Acceptance rate ~8%
- Students are expected to be self funded
- GMAT/GRE is required
|University of California, Los Angeles|
- Accepts : GMAT or GRE
- Good placements
|University of Michigan|
- GRE Quantitative portion should be 700 or above, the GRE Analytical Writing portion should be between 4-6.
|University of Chicago|
- Acceptance rate 33-40%
- GRE required.
Financial Mathematics at Johns Hopkins University
The Department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics offers following degrees, M.A., M.S and Ph.D.
The typical applicant offered admission has at least:
A grade point average of 3.3 (B+) or higher.
A mathematics background of at least 5 mathematics courses beyond multivariable calculus, including at least two semesters of proof-writing courses (such as analysis, abstract algebra or topology).
153 (Current Scale) 500 (Prior Scale) or above on the Verbal part
156 (Current Scale) 720 (Prior Scale) or above on the Quantitative part
4.0 or above on the Analytical Writing part
A TOEFL score of 100 (IBT)/ 250 (CBT)/ 600 (PBT) or above, or IELTS band score of 7, if the applicant is not a native English speaker.
The department provides partial support in the form of tuition waivers for some of its Master's students at varying levels based upon the availability of resources.
Department also offers combined bachelor-masters Program. It is designed to enable exceptionally qualified and highly motivated students to fulfill the requirements for both degrees within five years.
If you do MS/Ph.D. in Financial Engineering from top 20 schools we believe you will have an excellent career with starting base salary of 90k-150k and growth for financial engineering is good (excellent bonus and promotions). People working in quantative groups on wall street have a strong reputation, and there are few of them.