U.S.A has a high literacy rate in comparison to other countries and is ranked among the top in the world for the highest percentage of individuals with degrees. This is because of the high quality of education offered, highly skilled professors and an equal emphasis on practical, theoretical learning. The U.S system of education offers tremendous opportunities to students to gain knowledge, grown both their minds and bodies, this along with the flexibility to choose what one can study, makes it a very popular destination for many foreign students as well.
THE US EDUCATION SYSTEM:
- U.S.A's post-secondary education is offered by a large number of public and private universities at the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels.
- Undergraduate level courses include various fields such as Arts, Science, Engineering and technology and traditionally have a time span of 4 years (Although additional time is provided when deemed necessary). The basic admissions criteria includes good high schools scores, high performance in standardized tests such as SAT, ACT, etc and a good overall personal profile (this is true for all of the A and B ranked universities).
- Master's and Doctorate degrees have a time span of 2-3 years and 4-6 years respectively, impart education and training in a specific field of study. Both require a thesis preparation and its oral defense for completing the course. If you complete the course in any good university, you will be considered an expert in your field due to the difficulty of these graduate level programs. Because of this common admission criteria includes a strong academic background, exceptional scores in standardized tests such as GRE/GMAT/ MCAT, language proficiency tests, an excellent and detailed statement of purpose, resume, good letters of recommendation, high extracurricular achievements and personal interviews (usually for PhD programs) as per the University's requirements.
POSITIVES OF THE U.S EDUCATION SYSTEM:
- Quality of education is very high and the degrees are recognized globally opening unlimited opportunities for work after graduation.
- The education system is very unique with the practical aspects of teaching being the focused area. Students learn mostly from hands on experience.
- The flexibility of the U.S education system adds to its uniqueness. Unlimited and novel specializations to choose from attract students from all over the world.
- Skilled faculty members form the heart of the educational system in U.S. Each faculty is chosen with care specifically for their exceptional qualifications and knowledge in their particular field. These professors guide students through their specific course teaching them the basics and encouraging them to think out the rest.
- Up to date research facilities and advanced technologies allow students the luxury of abundant exposure in their chosen field of study.
- Global collaborations and exchange programs provide students with endless opportunities to try their hand at the current work that is being carried out thereby exposing them to the challenges and environment of real world research.
- Job opportunities are abundant in the U.S after completing a course with high starting salaries.
- U.S.A is a multicultural hub of education with many cultures and people from various backgrounds coming together due to a common interest being knowledge. This environment allows students to broaden their horizons and eliminate narrow-mindedness in their thinking.
- U.S.A is a safe and friendly country, no matter your race or religion, which makes its students feel welcome and at home.
The U.S education system has many positive factors which demand out of the box thinking allowing the students to discover their potential. This adds to its appeal making U.S.A one of the most ideal destinations for educational purposes.