Are you planning to study in US?
Studying abroad is a wonderful experience which will change the way you think, and allow you to grow as a person. America is a very popular student destination given its quality of education and tremendous opportunities. However, as with everything in life, every country also has its unique disadvantages. So, before finalizing your admissions to a university in the United States, it is important to understand and weigh the pros and cons completely. Only when this is done can you come to a logical decision based on reason.
ADVANTAGES OF HIGHER EDUCATION IN U.S.A:
- The number of available programs and quality universities in the United States are very impressive. The enrollment rates in most of these Universities are also quite high making U.S.A a favorable student destination.
- Skilled Faculty members are very important in guiding students in their chosen field of interest. In this the US is excellent, most universities hire only the best in their respective fields. Additionally visiting foreign professors and scholars allow for great interactions, a better education.
- Many Universities offer immense exposure to students through their global tie-ups and exchange program establishing a platform to learn more.
- The flexibility of American education is one of the best in the world. Many options are available in one particular field of interest itself. Students have unlimited choices and the freedom to specialize in rare and specific areas.
- The education meted out in the United States is often focused on the practical aspects of teaching thereby creating an environment that will enhance the powers of a student's problem-solving skills and thinking abilities.
- Education abroad is also focused on developing an all-rounder, so students are encouraged to participate in many outdoor activities and talents are recognized and nurtured further along with the education.
- Financial assistance is available for most of the courses in the form of scholarships and assistantships.
- Being a developed country U.S.A places students at the heart of current research work in every field due to it's up to date facilities and advanced technologies.
- Culture shocks can be expected, but it can work out positive. The students will be exposed to a totally new scenario which will acquaint them with the different lifestyles and broadened thinking.
- Many job opportunities are available in and around U.S.A, and the safe and diverse society along with a quality lifestyle makes it all the more appealing.
DISADVANTAGES OF HIGHER EDUCATION IN U.S.A:
- The cost of education is slowly rising every year. The dollar is becoming more powerful in the market leading to increased tuition costs. Even with financial assistance, the cost of education in U.S.A is leaning towards the more expensive end.
- Each state follows a different curriculum of courses creating students of varying standards of education.
- In certain job sectors, the student may be rejected by employers due to an over-qualified profile and doubts on the student's commitment towards work.
- Loneliness is a common disadvantage of studying abroad. Being away from home is difficult and once the excitement of the new environment wears out the students find themselves feeling lonely and homesick.
- Education abroad is challenging and competitive, and the student must learn to overcome them and stay on the top.
Higher studies in the United States have its set of pros and cons. A student's suitability and adaptability to it depends on his character and requirements. This is an important decision which must not be hurried or rushed but thought out patiently and pursued according to the student's interest and comfort level.