There are 50 states in the USA. An American is a citizen of both the federal entity and state of domicile. State residency is flexible, and no government approval is required to move between states. States are further divided into counties.
Facts about USA
- US is world's third largest country.
- Alaska is the largest state followed by Texas and California.
- California is most populated followed by Texas and New York.
- Delaware is the first state of USA and Hawaii is the last one.
- Each State has a two character abbreviation like CA is for California, TX for Texas.
- Each state has its own Flag, song, state bird, state tree...
- Hollywood is in California (for those who don't now :( !)
- California is called 'Golden State,' Illinois as 'Land of Lincoln'
- Each state has its official Licence plate.
- The Bison is the national mammal.
- There are four generalized time-zones in USA: Central, Eastern, Mountain and Pacific.
- Major Cities are New York, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Boston, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington DC, Atlanta.
- Mt. McKinley is the highest point in US.