How to convert TOEFL iBT to IELTS band?
as per ets.org:-
|TOEFL Score||IELTS band|
- TOEFL and IELTS are used to measure your English language skills. It's a requirement for English speaking countries (or courses where the language of instruction is English). These exams are required for non-native English speakers (countries where the native language is not English: example India, China, South Korea, Taiwan, Nigeria, Germany, Middle Eastern Countries..etc. Generally ).
- Historically IELTS was popular in Europe, Australia, and Canadian region, while TOEFL was popular in the USA.
Now both are widely accepted in most universities (so as a student you may not have to give both tests).
- Above data was based on research conducted by et
- universities have a strong cutoff (or minimum score) for TOEFL and IELTS. You have to make sure you meet those requirements.
- Generally IELTS of 6.5 or TOEFL score of 79 is acceptable for most universities (individual departments may have their own requirements.
- If your target is the US only then go with TOEFL,