How to Score 100 in TOEFL?
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) can be tough for many students if they are not native to the language. Many scholars who wish to score remarkable grades for their TOEFL exams get stuck during their preparation due to lack of guidance or proper assistance.
TOEFL can serve to be the most difficult test undertaken by any student in his/her life.
When the scholars would know the guided series of steps towards achieving success in their TOEFL exam, nothing can stop them from obtaining the desired results. Have a read on some of the useful tips to score a 100 in the TOEFL exam:
How to Score Big in Your TOEFL Exam?
- Understand the Exam Well: Before undertaking the TOEFL exam, it is imperative to learn about the exam and how it functions.
The TOEFL is a Test of English as a Foreign Language which is used to serve as an English proficiency test conducted by an American company known as the ETS. It is meant for the non-native students who wish to study in the top English literature universities of the American countries. The test is used to check the English writing, speaking, reading and listening capabilities.
There are four sections used to test the different skills of an individual. The total score of the TOEFL test is 120. Each English university expects a candidate to score a particular mark to enroll for admission.
- Start the Preparation: TOEFL cannot be excelled over a night's effort. The students need to invest a lot of hard work and time to score a 100 in their TOEFL test and get enrolled in their chosen university.
For those students who are taking the test for the first time in their life, it can get a bit challenging. Candidates who are proficient in English may need only a few weeks preparation to score good marks.
- The students should start preparing at the earliest to allow themselves some spare time for quality revision in the end.
- The preparation should take at least six months and as much as one full year to be fully prepared for the TOEFL exam.
- Enhance Your Reading Skills: By reading books, we do not imply that the students should read only the books or novels which might interest them. They should put more emphasis on enriching their vocabulary.
For achieving the same, they must read journals, newspapers and other literary articles to excel at the reading section of the TOEFL exam.
- Pay Attention to Detail: The listening skills can be developed by paying attention to the minute details of everything. The scholars would need to listen to each class lectures attentively. This would aid in the listening section of their TOEFL exam.
There are various online audio books available as well to enhance the listening capabilities of the scholars. Any English content like Youtube videos, movies can also help to improve listening skills.
- Take Good Notes: It is indispensable for the students to learn to take effective notes which would assist them in their reading, listening, speaking as well as the writing skills to excel in the TOEFL exam. The scholars must make a summarized note of the main points instead of writing everything down. They can enhance their note writing with the use of symbols and shorthand.
- Enrich Your Pronunciation: To excel in the TOEFL exam, a student is required to speak with a clear pronunciation. One should never try to fake an accent as it will be a terrible mistake. The speech has to be clear and easily understood by others. Always keep practicing and speak with anyone and everyone in English whenever you get the opportunity.
- Speed Up Your QWERTY Typing: This would aid in the writing section of the TOEFL exam to type quick and correct words during the exam.
- Fast typing would make you spend less time on the sections of the exam.
- You can concentrate on tougher questions with free time.
The students can also excel themselves at touch typing. It involves typing with all ten fingers without looking at the keyboard.
8. Make English Your Favorite Subject: If you wish to excel and score a 100 in the TOEFL exam, you need to love the subject of English. People who have a knack for English can easily score over 100 in their TOEFL.