Top MBA programs in Australia
Thanks to it being a major hub for education in all fields related to management studies, Australia has become a major education center for students who seek high-quality MBA, with world-class facilities and modernized infrastructure, and unparalleled industry tie-ins. An MBA from Australia provides not only excellent coursework and practical training but also international exposure resulting in an excellent network of peers that will help you establish a portfolio with companies and firms around the world.
TOP BUSINESS SCHOOLS IN AUSTRALIA
1 MELBOURNE BUSINESS SCHOOL, UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE
- It is ranked among the top universities in the globe for an MBA degree, currently ranked number 3 in the Asia-Pacific area. It offers full-time and part-time programs in the fields of General Management, Marketing, Research.
- The university also offers an executive MBA program for those who are already executives in companies. The course is designed for busy managers, who will study over an 18-month period with 17 four-day weekend residential modules and a one-week overseas module in Asia. This course allows you to go back to work after every weekend ready to apply new insights, knowledge, and skills and see an immediate return on your investment. There is also a senior executive MBA program for those who seek even further education in the subject. This course spreads 10 x nine-day residential modules over 18 months, requiring just five weeks of work absence in each of two calendar years, keeping in mind that prospective applicants will be employed professionals at this point.
- The general requirements include the completed application form (found on the university website), an undergraduate degree with high scores, official academic transcripts from your undergraduate university, a minimum of 2 years of practical work experience, a curriculum vitae, high GMAT score, IELTS scores (TOEFL also accepted), responses to four personal statements, 2 recommendation letters and proof of identity.
- Admission to this program is on a rolling basis, so it is advisable to apply early.
- Excellent Faculty members have been put together to impart the best education. Also, life at MBS is an intellectual and multicultural experience.
- The professors of this university also research various sectors of Accounting, Finance, Decision Sciences, Economics, General Management, Marketing, Organizational Behaviour, and Strategy forming the core of MSB's excellence.
- Estimated total course fees for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) is AUD $90,000, the cost for the Executive MBA is AUD $105,000 and a Senior Executive MBA is AUD $125,000.
- The course fees for the part-time MBA course depends on the number of subjects applied for. The average cost for each subject is around AUD $4,300.
2 AUSTRALIAN GRADUATE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT(AGSM), University of New South Wales
- Situated in Sydney, this School has been in the top consistently for its MBA courses and is ranked as one of the top 100 MBA programs, as ranked by the Financial Times (UK).
- Its schools include Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics, Information Systems, marketing, management, Risk and Actuarial and Taxation and Business Law offering full-time and executive MBA programs.
- The application requirements include the completed online form, an undergraduate degree, and relevant transcripts, a high average GMAT score (at least a score of 650), TOEFL or IELTS, work experience (minimum 2 years), essays of personal statement, your curriculum vitae, 2 letters of reference and an identity proof copy.
- Intake is stretched over 10 rounds conducted over the course of the year, from the 1st May to the 15th of February of the next year. International students are recommended to apply by the 8th round which would be till the 30th of November of that year.
- Research is concentrated in the areas of markets, Demographics and Workplace change, and Korean-Australasian studies.
- Various financial assistance opportunities are available (Only to the research students).
- Total cost: AUD$ 85,000 approx. (for two years - 2020).
3UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY BUSINESS SCHOOL
- This University is ranked first in Australia and fourth in the world for graduate employability In the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020.
- The regular Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is only available as a part-time course and lasts 2.5 to 3 years. This course is not available for holders of student-visas. Applications are only accepted from domestic students and students who have alternate visas (with study rights). The tuition fee for this course is AUD $43,500 (indicative for one year).
- Students who want to do a full-time course are instead directed towards the Master of Business Administration (Leadership and Enterprise). This course is also available for international students (with student visas).
- The admission process consists of 5 rounds throughout the year, from 1 Aug to 1 April next year. Applicants are requested to apply in an earlier round for a better chance to be considered for admission. Program offers are made on a rolling basis and places are limited.
- The minimum requirements for the course must include a minimum GPA of 65 or an equivalent and 3 years of work experience. If your qualifications do not meet the above criteria, you must have a score of over 600 in the GMAT.
- English language proficiency is to be demonstrated through a 7.0 overall band score in IELTS and shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a selection interview establishing the candidate's suitability
- Course fees for the MBA (Leadership and Enterprise), for the first year, is AUD $51,000.
4MACQUARIE GRADUATE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY
- This School is well reputed for its MBA programs available both full-time and part-time.
- Coursework includes training in various areas of Business and Management including Accounting for Management, Operations Management, and Marketing Management.
- Much like any other university, high scores in your undergraduate degree, transcripts, GMAT scores in excess of 600, TOEFL, SOP, CV, and 2 LOR's will be required while applying for admission.
- The research strength areas include Finance, professional development, Hermeneutic research, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, and Sustainable leadership and organization.
- The university also offers an alternative to the conventional MBA through their Global MBA program, which offers quality distance education and allow you to connect globally in live sessions and work alongside internationally renowned academics, business leaders, prominent industry partners, and influential alumni in lively and challenging discussions, debates and Q&A sessions. Combined with the fact that it has lower fee requirements make this program a compelling option for prospective students.
- Various Scholarships are available for international students to help with their funding.
- The annual indicative fee for an MBA program in this institution is AUD $40,000, which is based on a fee per credit point AUD $500. The Global MBA program has an annual fee of AUD $22,000 based on a fee per credit point of AUD $275.
5MONASH GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, MONASH UNIVERSITY
- This university offers a two-year program with the last semester which can be done as an optional corporate project. They also provide experience-based modules, overseas learning, and industry engagement opportunities.
- CEOs and recruiters (as per NY Times poll) have voted Monash University as the best Australian University to hire graduates.
- Students are offered a great degree of flexibility with studies being undertaken in a combination of daytime, evening, weekend, and intensive modes, which allows you to continue to work while completing your program.
- Tuition Fees: Fees are per 48 credit points which represents a standard full-time course load for a year. An indicative annual fee for a year is estimated to be AUD $44,000
- Minimum overall IELTS score required is 6.5. The individual band scores required: reading 6.0, listening 6.0, writing 6.0, speaking 6.0, or an internet-based TOEFL score of 79.
- Minimum requirements for Pearson Test of English (Academic): 58 Overall scores, with minimum scores: Listening 50, Reading 50, Speaking 50, and Writing 50
- Requirements for TOEFL Internet-based test: 79 Overall scores, with minimum scores: Reading 13, Listening 12, Speaking 18, and Writing 21
Australia serves to be an ideal student destination for MBA courses owing to its excellent Schools, up-to-date facilities, and skilled professors along with a multicultural, safe, and friendly environment.